You really can’t go wrong with ham, and this recipe is absolutely fantastic. Gently pre-heating the ham in hot water and then warming in the oven low and slow ensures the ham comes out nice and juicy. Make sure to get a bone-in ham and save that bone to make Split Pea Soup!
You’ll really want an instant read thermometer for this one, and allow for ample time in case you need to heat the ham longer to hit that target temperature.
|3/4 C||Maple Syrup|
|1/2 C||Orange Marmalade|
|2 T||Unsalted butter|
|1 T||Dijon mustard|
- Place ham, in packaging, in a hot water bath for 45 minutes. Then replace water and bathe for another 45 minutes.
- Take ham from packaging and place in an oven bag and cook at 250F to 100F, between 1 and 1 1/2 hours.
- Open bag and push back, then brush with 1/3 of glaze.
- Put ham back in oven and bake until ham reaches an internal temperature of 120F.
Might want higher serving temp.
- Combine all ingredients and reduce to 1C.
No webmentions were found.