|6 slices||White sandwich bread, cut into 1/4” cubes|
|2 T||Unsalted butter|
|1||Small leek, cut into 8” slices (~1 C)|
|1||Small rib celery, chipped fine (~3/4 C)|
|8 oz||Button mushrooms, cleaned and chopped (~2 1/2 C)|
|1||Large clove garlic, minced (~1/2 t)|
|1/2 t||Fresh sage, minced|
|1/2 t||Fresh thyme, minced|
|1/4 C||Fresh parsley, minced|
|1/2 C + 2 T||Low-sodium chicken broth|
|1/2 t||Black pepper, ground|
- Adjust oven rack to middle position, and pre-heat to 250F.
- Spread bread cubes on sheet pan until dried but not browned, about 30 minutes.
- Heat butter in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until foaming subsides.
- Add leek, celery and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and fry until vegetables begin to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sage, thyme, and parsley, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk egg, broth, salt, and pepper in large bowl until combined.
- Add bread cubes and leek/mushroom mixture, toss gently until evenly moistened and combined.
- Butterfly chicken.
- Loosen skin on breast and legs, and insert butter and some of the remaining sage and thyme.
- Using foil, form a bowl and spray with oil.
- Place stuffing in bowl, and place into roasting pan.
- Lay chicken over bowl.
- Roast at 425? until leg meat registers whatever is safe for chicken…
No webmentions were found.